We have prepared the following information as a guide in providing information for your stay and is subject to periodic updates and revisions. The information also includes contractual terms which is included as part of our rental agreement with you.
If there is a need to contact us, please do so via email email@example.com or in an emergency call or text Everardo at (214) 681-8418
Everardo - Caretaker Property Manager; Mark, Evan, and Avi
CHECK-IN: Standard Check-in is at 4:00 PM and we make every effort to have units ready on time. If the unit is available prior to that time, we will allow you to check in earlier at 3 pm as a courtesy. To determine if the unit is ready prior to 4:00 pm you must check with Lisa beforehand.
CHECK-OUT: Standard checkout is at 11:00 AM. If you need a later check-out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org two days prior to checkout to see if we can accommodate you. We ask that you observe check-out time as this gives us only a few hours to get the unit ready for our next guests. Unless otherwise approved in advance, a $50 late check-out fee will be charged for every half hour after 11:00 am you stay in the suite. If you checkout later than 1 pm, without consent, we will charge you for an additional night.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 30 days from arrival incur a 25% cancellation fee, effectively forfeiting your non-refundable 25% deposit. Cancellations 30 days or less from arrival are non-refundable.
We highly recommend taking out Travel Insurance which may protect expenses laid out for your entire vacation (including flights, rental deposits, lost luggage etc.). Travel Protection will reimburse covered out-of-pocket expenses as well as provide medical emergency assistance. See www.horarentals.com/travel-insurance for coverage details.
GUARANTEE OF EARLY CHECK-IN OR LATE CHECK-OUT: The only way to guarantee early check-in or late check-out is to book your reservation accordingly. A ½ day rate may be assessed for each early or late check-in/out. Earliest check-in for 1/2 day rate is 9 am and latest check-out is 6 pm Earlier or later than these times may require a full night rate.
COMMERCIAL TRUCKS and RV’s ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE PROPERTY, ON DRIVEWAY OR ON STREETS. STREET PARKING IS LIMITED TO 2 CARS.
KITCHEN: Our kitchens are equipped with a blender, toaster, oven, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, and all utensils needed to prepare meals including pots and pans, drinking and wine glasses, dishes and flatware to prepare meals and service for 8-12 guests. At times items may be missing which may have disappeared or got discarded accidentally. We have back up inventory and merely need to know if something is lacking by emailing us at email@example.com.
Upon checkout, please don't leave any dirty dishes, glasses, pots or pans in the sink or on the counters but rather leave all dishes in the dishwasher, and turn dishwasher on. A supply of dishwasher detergent caplets should have been provided and are under the kitchen sink.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE FOOD IN THE GARBAGE CAN, REFRIGERATOR, FREEZER OR DISPOSAL. Garbage, especially that which contains food, must be taken out of the home at least daily or sooner as needed and placed in the garage. All garbage must be bagged and please be sure that liquids and fats are disposed of separately in containers and not in sinks as clogs may occur.
TOWELS & SHEETS: Clean towels & sheets are provided, and beds are all made up before your arrival. If you arrive and feel that the bedding is not done properly or if you need additional towels, pillows or blankets we need to know before 5pm. Please check closets and bathroom vanities for additional supplies of these items before calling.
CHECKOUT CLEANING FEE: All reservations include a Checkout Cleaning Fee specific to that home and is provided after checkout in preparation for next guests. Optional interim basic or full cleanings, replacement towels, and other services, daily or otherwise, during your stay is offered for additional charge.
In the event you run out of clean towels you can launder yourself as there is a washer and dryer in the home. Please do not overload machines and when using dryers please be certain to clean out the lint traps after each load.
WIFI, INTERNET AND CABLE TV: These services included complimentary. We are not responsible if any of these services if interrupted or for the upload or download speed but will try our best to have any technical issues repaired as soon as possible. The wi-fi user ID and password appears in the welcome e mail we will be providing prior to arrival and on the router found in the closet or by the TV in living room. TVs are SMART and settings should be maintained. If you are having issues with settings, please contact Spectrum at (833) 267-6094.
NO SMOKING EITHER IN THE UNIT OR AT THE POOL. NO PETS ARE ALLOWED IN THIS UNIT: IF IT IS DETERMINED THAT A PET was in this unit or SMOKING occurred then you will be assessed a $500 fee for deep cleaning including the cost of air treatment, deodorizing and shampoo of rugs/carpet, etc.
VALUABLES: Never leave valuables unattended. Although the property is in a safe area opportunity makes for thieves and we are not responsible for your valuables.
MAINTENANCE OF PROPERTY: Nothing is ever anticipated but as any homeowner or renter knows “stuff happens” and we will make every reasonable effort to timely respond to issues.
HOUSKEEPING: Unless negotiated in your rate and agreed to while making your reservation, daily housekeeping or towel replacement service is NOT provided. This service, if provided, would be shown in your final confirmation when rate was finalized with you. If you wish to have daily housekeeping or towel service, please arrange with us by e mailing us. For all rentals and included in your rate is an initial supply of basic toiletry items. Rentals which include daily housekeeping, supplies such as toilet tissue, facial tissue, soap, shampoo, conditioner, are replenished with each cleaning.
Here are some items you may want to supplement:
-Dish Washing Soap
-Laundry detergent and softener
-Paper towels- we provide two rolls
-Toilet paper- we provide two rolls in each bathroom
-Facial Tissues - we provide 2 boxes in each bathroom and 1 in each bedroom
-Conditioner & Soap
-Coffee, Filters and supplies
AIR CONDITIONING and HEAT: There are settings at each thermostat whereby you can adjust the level of air flow and temperature by the arrows up to increase temperature and down arrow to lower the temperature to be cooler. You should leave AC or HEAT units set on AUTO AND COOL at 72 or HEAT and at 68 degrees temperature when you leave the unit.
EXCESS DEBRIS: Additional fees determined solely by HORA will be applied to credit card on file for excess cleaning charge if home is left littered with debris and/or trash. Please leave our property in a reasonably clean condition and treat our property as you would your own. We recommend that longer stays (4 nights or more) have interim cleanings. Reservations longer than 7 nights require interim cleanings once weekly at a minimum. Interim cleanings can be arranged via email and additional charges will apply based on cleaning type. Our caretaker can provide personal laundry service as well as grocery shopping and other concierge services UPON REQUEST FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE.
TRASH REMOVAL: Trash pickup occurs 2-3 times weekly, and days are posted. Please seal bags and leave in designated areas.
NOISE AND DISTURBING NEIGHBORS: No noise, radios or music is allowed outside of home, in yards or driveways, on weekdays before 8 am and 9 am on weekends and holidays and after 11pm on weekends (Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays) or after 10 pm on weeknights. Police have the authority to escort you from the premises if you violate this rule.
REFUNDABLE DAMAGE SECURITY DEPOSIT: Guest acknowledges that a separate refundable $500 Damage Security Deposit will be authorized and held against Guest’s credit card prior to arrival and will be released after agreed checkout time subject to passing damage inspection.
Other than normal wear and tear, Guest agrees to be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the property and if found to be in violation of Terms and House Rules, Guests may be subject to additional charges not limited to the Security Deposit, but rather to the total cost of such repairs or costs associated to remediate the loss, damage, or violation that occurred. Guest provides authorization to charge additional amounts by credit card on file if applicable. Violations that may incur charges include, but are not limited to, additional unauthorized guests, smoking in or around the home, leaving home in excessively unclean or unsanitary condition, physical damage to property, missing items, unauthorized pets or if overstaying agreed checkout time of 11 am.
OCCUPANCY: Guest agrees that no more than the total authorized number of guests submitted in original booking shall be permitted to occupy the unit at any time during the rental term. All guests shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon guest or any visitor under this agreement. A penalty of $150 per night per guest will be charged if determined that more than authorized number of guests occupied the property and unauthorized guests may be asked to leave the property.
CONDITIONS AND USE OF THE PROPERTY: The property is provided in “as is” condition and for transient rental purposes. Owner shall use its best effort to ensure the operation of all amenities in the property, such as internet wifi, cable TV, swimming pool or hot tub, and heat or air conditioning.
Guest shall use the property for lawful residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the property and keep the property in clean and sanitary condition at all times. Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall guest use the property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, rules or ordinance, nor commit disturbances or nuisances on or about the property. Guest acknowledges that use of amenities, hot tub, pool, and the like may be potentially dangerous and involve potential risks - particularly with regard to children - and such use is at the guest’s own risk. See RISK OF LOSS AND INDEMNIFICATION and RELEASE paragraphs below.
DEFAULT AND HOLDOVER: If guest(s) should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of these terms, guest may be evicted without process as this is a short term rental and therefore shall shall surrender the property, remove all Guest’s property and leave the property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the total rent payment amount shall be made. Guests who do not check out on time may have their possessions bagged and stored without liability to caretaker, owner, rental agent or authorized representative of owner.
ENTRY AND INSPECTIONS: Caretaker, Rental Agent, Owner, or Owners representatives reserve the right to enter the property at reasonable times, with advance notice, or without advance notice for the purposes of an emergency or emergency maintenance issue, for interim cleaning, inspection of property, trash removal, or for the retrieval of supplies. Our housekeeping staff collects garbage and inspects homes regularly. Caretaker, Rental Agent or our representatives will always knock before entering. As property managers we maintain almost all 5-star review ratings and always have our guests safety, security and comfort in mind. We most certainly want you to enjoy your stay and are not looking to disturb your privacy. Please visit our reviews for reassurances of prior guests satisfaction with our services. If rental agent, management, owner, or owner's representative has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, they may enter the property at any time without advance notice. Landscaping, pest control, pool or preventive maintenance may occur during a stay and shall not be considered a disruption of our rental services.
NO RIGHTS TO SUBLET OR ASSIGNMENT: Guest shall not assign or sublease the Unit/Property or permit the use of any portion of the property by other persons who are not family members or guests of the primary guest and included within the number of authorized as permitted occupants under this Agreement. The primary guest who made the reservation must be present at the property during the stay.
AVAILABILITY: In the event the property is not available for use during the rental term due to reasons, events or circumstances beyond our control (force majeure), we will apply due diligence and good faith efforts to locate a replacement property that equals or exceeds the property with respect to occupancy capacity, location and value that meets the reasonable satisfaction of the guest. If such replacement property cannot be found and made available, we shall return all payments made by the guest, whereupon this agreement shall be terminated and guest, owner, property manager and or rental agent shall have no further obligations or liabilities in any manner pertaining to this agreement, to this guest, and to this reservation.
RISK OF LOSS AND INDEMNIFICATION: Guest agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal effects and other items brought into the property by guest or guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of guest with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and property owner, rental agent, manager or caretaker shall not be responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever.
LIMITED LIABILITY OF OWNERS AND CARETAKERS: Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of a breach of this contract is strictly limited to the monetary amounts received by us in relation to your booking. Guest and accompanying guests agree to solely assume the risk of injury, illness or death, or any other loss or injury, whether physical or psychological. We are not responsible for guest(s) use of any athletic or recreational equipment; or for the negligence or wrongdoing of any independent contractors, including but not limited to, housekeepers, caretaker, pool(s), spa, or other service technicians or for events taking place around the Property. We hereby disclaim all liability to the guest(s) for damages for emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury of any kind under any circumstances, when such damages were neither the result of a physical injury to the guest(s), nor the result of guest(s) having been at actual risk of physical injury, nor were intentionally inflicted by us. Without limiting the preceding sentence, in no event will we be liable to guest(s) for any consequential, incidental, exemplary or punitive damages.
Release and Liability Waiver: Guest (“Releasor”) hereby waives and releases any claims against Texas Vacation Homes LLC, Hora Management Program, LLC, rental agent, the property owner, successors, assigns, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise (‘us” or “we” or “our”) for any injuries, illness or death that may be sustained by guest (or authorized or permitted guests) on or near or adjacent to the property, including any common facilities, activities or amenities. Guest agrees to use any such facilities or amenities entirely at the guest’s own initiative, risk and responsibility.
Guest acknowledges that they and all guests or visitors accompanying them, have been informed and are aware that:
1. That the pool, spa, hot tub, poses a risk to any and all guests on the property. Guest also understands and acknowledges that the use of other equipment (including recreational equipment) and facilities provided by Owner or Agent and participation in indoor or outdoor activities, involves risks including, but not limited to the following: risk of property damage, bodily injury, including, but not limited to permanent disability, paralysis, and possibly death. These risks may result from a variety of circumstances including, but not limited to, the use or misuse of the equipment or facilities, from the activity itself, from the acts of myself or others, or from the unavailability of emergency medical care.
2. There is no fence around the pool and/or spa/hot tub.
3. Pools May and hot tubs may be equipped with heaters are not guaranteed to sustain any constant temperature. Please note that pool temperatures vary due to certain circumstances, including but not limited to: wind, rain, low temperatures, storms, sand, fungus or algae caused by extreme temperatures or excessive use or contamination by Guests. There shall be no compensation for any loss of use. Any damage to the pool and/or spa/hot tub caused by Guest and any other persons on Property during the agreed upon Rental Period, including but not limited to: broken glass or other items introduced into the pool, contamination of the water, damage to the cleaners or equipment will result in charges to the Guest for correction of the problem.
4. When and if the spa/hot tub is used, Guest will be responsible for turning on and shutting off the spa/hot tub heater and pump.
5. Guest is also aware that my stay at the Property involves risks that may result in serious bodily injury and/or death. Some of the risks include, but are not limited to, drowning, slips, trips, falls, cuts, adverse weather conditions, the acts or omissions of guests or visitors on the Property during my stay, and the condition of the Property. I understand that the description of the risks in this Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Assumption of Risk (the “Document”) is not complete and that other risks or events that are known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated may result in serious bodily injury and or/death.
6. In consideration of being permitted to rent and stay at the Property, Guest agrees on their own behalf and on behalf of their family and guests and on behalf of their children and all minors under their care, custody or control (hereafter also included in “I” or “my”) to assume full responsibility for the risks identified herein and those risks not specifically identified. I hereby release from liability and waive any and all claims that I have or may have in the future against Texas Vacation Homes LLC, Hora Management Program LLC and its members, principals, agents, officers, employees, and representatives (collectively “Releasees”) as well as the landlord/owner of the Property.
7. I understand and acknowledge that at beachfront or lakeside properties being near the body of water present various risks and hazards, including strong currents, unexpected wave activity, floating debris and other potential hazards. I assume all such risks associated with being near or in the body of water.
8. I agree to fully and forever release and discharge, and not to sue Releasees for any injuries or damages, including property damage that may result from arise out of or be related in any way to my rental and stay at the Property. If any portion of this Document shall be declared unenforceable for any reason, the unenforceable portion shall be considered severed from the Document and the remainder of the Document shall not be affected and shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. By accepting this rental I, the Guest, assume all risk and take full responsibility and waive any claims of personal injury, death or damage to personal property associated with activities and events during or related to the stay in the subject property.
NEVER LEAVE A CHILD UNATTENDED AT THE POOL OR SPA/HOT TUB AREA.
IMPORTANT: For your protection we recommend Travel Interruption and Cancellation Insurance. We strongly suggest you consider purchasing this to protect your payments but also provides for many other coverages such as lost luggage, medical expenses and other benefits. This may protect payments and expenses advanced for your entire trip (including flights, rental deposits, etc.). See www.horarentals.com/travel-insurance